Thursday 1 October 2009

Describe your favorite cultural celebration? Who was there? Use your five senses to describe the celebration?

Being a Roman Catholic my favorite cultural celebration is probably Christmas. Every year for Christmas I go to my grandparents house in India, where I meet all my relatives and have a big Christmas lunch. Roasted Chicken, Potatoes, Salad, Curries, Bread, Rice, and Plenty of meat is served. We then open open our Christmas presents and have fun with them. We then sing Christmas carols and enjoy the rest of the day. All my cousins, uncles, aunts, siblings, grandparents and family are there, to make it even more memorable. The celebration is always good. The food is probably one of the highlights as it is prepared by my grandmother, aunts and uncles, which really tastes awesome. My surroundings are good as I surrounding by the carols of Christmas, which is a real treat to hear for the ear. Aside from all the amazing food, the presents are also really good. I get books, and different accessories which are really amazing to have. Also the atmosphere of these Christmas celebrations are really, relaxed, fun, and cheerful.

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nilay! You are one of the few Indian Catholic people I've known. I've always known the Catholic people enjoy Christmas very much but never really knew what they do on that day. Thanks for telling me. I agree with you that probably the eating and getting presents part is the best. But, I would really like to know more about the festival especially why it is celebrated and why is it such an important festival in you religion? I think that there is a common theme throughout your blog and that is of parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas is celebrated to honor the birth of Jesus. Jesus was born on the 25th of December so we as Catholics celebrate it with presents, food, songs and then going to church. As I have mentioned earlier it is the birthday of our god's son Jesus, and that is why it is important.

    ReplyDelete